Monday 14 May 2012

A Doggone Travesty

I'm back again Cyberspace.

I went away again this weekend, and my blog again had to be sacrificed. However, now I'm back and ready to go. I even picked up my topic along the way.

Friday afternoon while I was driving, I got cut off by a woman driving an SUV. This is not an uncommon occurrence, as every time any of us are behind the wheel, I'm sure there is at least one instance where an accident could have happened. The part that really started my juices flowing was that she was driving with a lap dog.

Yes. A lap dog. It may not sound like much at first...but then I thought of the fact we are not allowed to talk on a cell phone while operating a motor vehicle in Nova Scotia. So why can someone have a dog on their lap? A cell phone is an immediate distraction. A dog can turn into a distraction at any time. Especially if it's sitting on your lap. What if the dog starts to pee? Or bark? Or move? Or lick your face? What if the dog moves down by the driver's feet and impedes the clear operation of the pedals?

I was just taken aback by the tiny black nose peering over the edge of the window at me as the white SUV calmly moved in front of me. I may or may not have muttered the word 'bitch,' without even knowing if the dog was female.

Just needed to get that off my chest. Thank you Cyberspace for letting me vent.

Peace and Love
The Critical Stranger

As always thoughts, comments and suggestions are encouraged and appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment