Friday 13 April 2012

Adverse Advertisements

Hey there Cyberspace.

I just watched an episode of 'The Pitch' in class. If you've never heard of it, it's a reality show about advertising agencies who compete for an account. It was an interesting look at the creative process that goes into advertising. My main problem with ad agencies is that they seem to think everyone is an idiot. And as I find myself relatively uninspired today, I've decided to write a poem about marketing. Yeah...that's right.

Alone; I walk in the light of the day
I'm just minding my business and making my way
Traffic light; stop; I'll stand and I'll wait
Without the knowledge that I'm just live bait

The lines have been cast
The hooks have been wormed
They're closing in fast
Away I must squirm

But where do I go?
There's no way to escape it
The ads don't show life
They're only trying to fake it

I think that that they think
Spoonfed is best
We are full of weak links
Yet to pass a stress test

So it works and it profits
Again and again
There's no way to stop it
Euphemists always win

Sell any idea, if it's wrong or if it's right
Not just the products; Hill & Knowlton sold the fight
The wool scratches my eyes; it burns and it stinks
So go take it off - use your brain; THINK

Well that was fun.

Peace and Love
The Critical Stranger

As always thoughts, comments and suggestions are encouraged and appreciated!

1 comment: