Thursday 19 April 2012

Audience Appeal

It's another beautiful day Cyberspace, and I hope this blog finds you well.

I'm not going to lie to you - writing this blog is extremely difficult. I try to share some of myself, but so far it has caused mean unbelievable amount of stress - as this post most likely will.

Almost every blog post I've put up has received some feedback - and it is greatly appreciated. It's a wonderful feeling to know that you are actually reading what I write and these words are not in vain. I make a conscious effort to keep other people's personal lives out of it as much as possible.

Apparently I fail. I've had multiple posts that have been met with anger, concern and a whole lot of "I can't believe you said that." I'm only writing what I feel - is that wrong?

Maybe. If I've offended you with this blog, I apologize. I will not, however, apologize for my thoughts or feelings. If I've said it in the blog, I've thought it or felt it at some point. I will not apologize for representing myself.

My next point is that most people are not psychic (I'll save that loaded statement for another blog) and will not assume I'm talking about you. Yes...you. I'm not going to spew all of your secrets. If you think I'm talking to you - than I definitely am. I'm not saying this because I'm angry - I'm saying this because I'm actually shocked at how much of an impact everyone seems to think my blog has. It's shockingly hard to write something every single day while guarding your words and constantly worrying about any slight misstep. How could I write a daily blog post without mentioning the people or events in my life?

I guess what I'm trying to say is I love writing, I love writing my blog - but sometimes it's extremely had to keep everyone happy. I do try - I'm not trying to offend or hurt, but only to give you some of my own insight. Thank you all.

Peace and Love
The Critical Stranger

As always thoughts, comments and suggestions are encouraged and appreciated!


2 comments:

  1. Dear Critical Stranger,

    I take the time to read your blog everyday and enjoy what I've been reading. These are your thoughts and feelings and if anyone gets offended, oh! well. I know I get tired of all the bitching I've taken over the years over my own feelings about whatever. So be it. I'm happy just to know I've expressed myself (and I'm not that radical). Anyway, keep on keeping on.

    An older critical stranger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snap the fuck out of it people! It's one man's thoughts, feelings and words. And, frankly, quite often I find his words thought provoking.

    ReplyDelete